Saturday, April 11, 2009

KWerner Color Inspiration 49



Color Inspiration49




Paper, ink, stamps, and embroidery floss by Close To My Heart. Brads from Oriental Trading.

I loved the colors for this challenge, so once again I was off and creating. My blue is a bit lighter than the one here, but it worked well. This time I used a resist technique with the CTMH "Treasure Life" stamp set. Here's how:

  • Ink the flower portion of the stamp in the usual way using Bubblegum and Breeze (retired color) inks. Then use a sponge dauber to add Sweet Leaf to the stem. Stamp images in random design.
  • Next I inked the saying in one color and added additional colors using sponge daubers. After I had all the colors on the stamp, I "huffed" on it to moisten the ink and then stamped it. When using this technique multiple times, make sure to clean off your stamp in between inkings!
  • Stamp larger flower using VersaMark or other embossing ink and emboss with clear embossing powder.
  • Use sponge daubers to add Bubblegum and Breeze ink directly to your card front. The more color you apply around the embossed image, the more it pops!
  • Wipe embossed image with paper towel or napkin to remove any ink that is lying on top.
  • Add brads as flower centers.
  • Layer on black cardstock.
  • Wrap panel with Bubblegum embroidery floss.
  • Tie small knots randomly to embroidery floss.
  • On card front, layer Sweet Leaf, Bubblegum, and Breeze cardstock.
  • Layer panel on top.

If you haven't tried this technique before (or for a long time), it is a lot of fun. One tip I have is to use bold images, especially for the one you are embossing. Sketches or line art do not work as well. If you decide to make a project using this technique, I would love to see it!

Happy stamping, scrapping, or crafting of any kind. We deserve it.

Clydene




No comments: