Friday, January 2, 2009

Crafting saves my sanity

I don't know about you, but crafting saves my sanity. If I have had a particularly bad day at work, sitting at my desk and creating a scrapbook layout or card or trying a new technique can help me get my sanity back. It is calming, and I find that whatever was bothering me has left my mind and brought the tension away with it.


When I craft, it is all about what I want and what I think will work best. I don't have to argue with anyone about the right thing to do like when I am at work. I don't have to compromise with anyone about any design decisions. I just play with my stuff and see what happens. Sometimes I have a game plan and sometimes I don’t. Sometimes I like what I come up with and sometimes I don’t. Whether I like the results of my crafting session isn’t always as important as what it does for my mind and my well-being. As long as it takes care of those two things, all is good with the world.

On a related note, just going through and organizing my paper and embellishments and tools has the same effect as if I had organized my life. I feel better about my surroundings, even if the rest of my world is still in chaos.

So the next time you have a bad day or feel like you have no control over your life or your surroundings, try making a card, sorting your paper, or going through your embellishments to see what you have. You may find that by the time you are done your state of mind has moved to a better location. Try it and let me know the results.

Clydene

No comments: