Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Getting Scrappy

When I go to a crop I usually bring pre-made pages I have made or received in swaps and make some pages from scratch. Well, in February, when I was just starting to be able to use my hand again, I decided to only bring pre-made pages. About 2 hours before the end of the crop I ran out of stuff to work on. Since I only had pre-made pages, I didn't have any scraps left over, but my friend Kris did. She let me have her scraps, and I proceeded to make cards out of them. Luckily I did bring ribbon and embellishments, so I was able to add some pizzaz to the cards.

I enjoyed this so much that when I went to the next month's crop, I saved my scraps, and Kris gave me hers. For the last couple hours of the weekend crop I made cards again. It is so easy to do because there are usually coordinating scraps left over from each layout. Now I have a nice stash of cards accumulating for any last minute needs. I just need to stamp or write the appropriate sentiment, and they are ready to go. Oh yeah, and I always send a bunch of cards to my MIL for Mother's Day, so I'll be ready for that.

What do you do with your scraps?

No comments: